This section is designed for faculty and students in APRN Role and DNP Policy courses. New graduates and APRNs new to Texas also find this information helpful.
APRN Practice & Professional Advocacy in Texas is a Power Point presentation updated each fall and spring semester. The presentation includes essential content that every APRN in Texas needs to know. Explanatory notes augment most slides.
- APRN Consensus Model
- Accreditation, Certification & Professional Organizations
- Licensing by the Texas Board of Nursing
- Prescriptive Authority & Prescribing Rules
- Elements that Determine Scope of Practice
- Texas Legislative & Regulatory Processes
- Improving Practice through Advocacy
To download the presentation, select the link, Presentation_APRN_Role_byLW
Preparing APRN Students for Practice: A review of the Rules, Roles & Requirements by the Texas Board of Nursing. Faculty teaching APRN Role courses should be aware of this Texas Board of Nursing pre-recorded presentation. It is a must view for all faculty & students!
Policy, Process & Effective Political Action is a Power Point presentation updated on October 18, 2016. Explanatory notes augment each slide.
- Federal and Texas Legislative & Regulatory Processes
- Resources for Researching Federal and Texas Legislation, Statutes & Regulations
- Tutorial on Reading Bills
- Developing Policy & Strategy with Examples from APRNs
- Reminders about Effective Advocacy
Download the presentation by selecting the link, presentation_leg-reg-process_policy_action/
Send questions to email@example.com.